The Permanent Sub-Committee for Social Sciences (JKTSS) headed by the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development is responsible for:
- Coordinating and monitoring UNESCO programmes and activities related to social sciences;
- Coordinating and monitoring programmes and activities under JKTSS that in line with UNESCO’s competencies; and
- Preparing reports for programmes and activities under JKTSS.
MANAGEMENT OF SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAMME (MOST)
MOST is UNESCO’s intergovernmental science programme on social transformations. Malaysia, through the Minister of Women, Family and Community Development was appointed as the President of MOST Intergovernmental Council (IGC) for the period 2015 – 2017 and reappointed for the period 2017 – 2019.
Malaysia had successfully hosted the following MOST meetings and programmes in Kuala Lumpur during March 2017:
- Meeting of Bureau of the Intergovernmental Council of the Management of Social Transformations Programme, 14 and 15 March 2017;
- Meeting of Intergovernmental Council of the Management of Social Transformations Programme, 16 and17 March 2017;
- Senior Officials Meeting for Asia-Pacific Regional Forum of Management of Social Transformations Programme, 20 and 21 March 2017; and
- MOST Regional Forum of Ministers of Social Development for the Asia-Pacific Countries, 22 and 23 March 2017.