CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CANADA-ASEAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGES AND DEVELOPMENT (SEED) PROGRAMME
The SEED Students Scholarships Programme, which is in its third year, has now been launched for the academic year 2020/2021. To date, a total of 217 students went to Canada to enroll in short-term studies and research programme. Starting 2020, SEED has also launched the first cycle of the SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme, following the success of a pilot programme where four (4) Cambodian mid-career professionals have participated in a training provided by the Toronto Centre. SEED is now accepting applications for both students and mid-career officials for the academic year 2020/2021. The application deadline for (i) the mid-career applicants is on February 6, 2020 and (ii) the student applicants is on March 5, 2020. Information regarding the scholarships can be found at the links below:
- SEED Students Scholarships Programme – https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2019/2019-12-04.aspx?lang=eng
- SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme – https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2019/2019-12-10.aspx?lang=eng
For the SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Has worked for at least five (5) and up to 20 years;
- Is in a managerial, policy development or in a decision-making position; OR is a mid-career academic in a post-secondary academic institution, research institution or think tank;
- Has at least two (2) years of experience within the position; and
- Is not supervising more than 30 employees and/ or a CAD 30 million budget per year.
For any inquiries regarding the SEED Programme, kindly contact Mr. Abdullah Mojaddedi, First Secretary (Development), Mission of Canada to ASEAN at email@example.com.